This policy is made in accordance with the Regulations on Student Management of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences to help students retain a strong awareness of discipline and maintain the normal order of teaching and learning
1. This policy applies to all students at the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) who are legally admitted according to state regulations and pursue higher education at academies, institutes, observatories, stations and centers affiliated with the Chinese Academy of Sciences (hereinafter referred to as institutes) as well as UCAS schools and departments (hereinafter referred to as schools).
2. All new students must register at UCAS or institutes enrolling them within stipulated dates* Students that cannot register due to special reasons must ask for a leave no longer than two weeks. Students will be denied admission for failing to register after the last day of the two weeks’ leave or with no valid leave application for the absence of more than two weeks after the registration deadline.
3. At the beginning of every semester, students must return to the campus or institutes within the stipulated period. Those who cannot return on time should ask for approval in advance. Without approval, the students must return on time.
4. Without approval, students must not stay overnight outside the campus.
5. Students asking for sick leave are required to submit a medical certificate issued by either the university hospital (when on campus) or hospitals above county level (when off campus). Sick leave shorter than one week can be approved by the head of Student Affairs staff at the student1 s home department or institute; sick leave longer than one week should be approved by a leading group member of the student’s home department or institute in charge of student affairs; students for the first^year study at UCAS should report to the Students Affairs Office (International Students Office) if asking for a sick leave of more than two weeks. For sick leave longer than two months, students have to apply for a leave of absence.
6. Students arc discouraged from requesting casual leave. Casual leave should be approved on the basis of relevant supporting documents or material. Casual leave shorter than one week can be approved by the head of student affairs staff at the student7 s host department or institute; Casual leave longer than one week should be approved by a leading group member of the student’s host department or institute in charge of student affairs; students for the first year study at UCAS should report to Student Affairs Office (International Students Office) if asking for a casual leave of more than two weeks,
7. Students applying for leave should complete the leave application form themselves and take the leave after approval. Another application must be made for extending the leave.
8. When leave ends, students must report to the student affairs administration of his or her host department or institute.
9. Reasons for the leave must be authentic. Students will receive admonishment or even punishment for falsifying leave excuses.
10. Students leaving the university or institutes without approval, or failing to return when the leave ends will be regarded as truant and will receive punishment according to the Student Disciplinary Regulations
11. The Student Affairs Office is responsible for interpretation of this policy which takes effect on the date of issuance. The previous version (X1AOFAXUEZI (2013) No. 83) is hereby abolished.