Article 1 These regulations are formulated in accordance with the Regulations on Student Management of University of Chinese Academy of Sciences with a view to managing the use of student ID cards.
Article 2 These regulations apply to all graduate and undergraduate students (students for short) of the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) who are officially admitted, and who receive higher education at academies, institutes, observatories, stations and centers affiliated with the Chinese Academy of Sciences (hereinafter referred to as institutes) as well as UCAS departments and schools (hereinafter referred to as schools).
Article 3 The Student ID Card serves as proof of identity for registered students. After registration, each student shall be issued a UCAS Student ID Card by UCAS or the institute.
Article 4 The Student ID Card shall only be used by the cardholder him/herself and must not be lent to others. The Card should be carefully protected against damages or scratches. No counterfeit is allowed.
Article 5 Issuance of the Student ID Card:
1. Each new student studying at UCAS campus for the first year shall be issued a Student ID Card upon registration. After the student has filled in the personal information and attached a photo ID, the Student ID Card shall be collected in the unit of classes and submitted to the
Student Affairs Office. The Student ID Card shall be sealed and filled with the effective dates of the semester.
2. The Student Affairs Office shall prepare the blank student ID cards according to the number of international students of each institute and issue the cards to the students upon registration. After the students fill in the personal infomiation and attach a photo ID, the Student ED Cards shall be collected in the unit of classes and submitted to the student affairs administration of the institutes. The Student ID Card shall be sealed and completed with the effective dates of the semester.
Article 6 Taking effect and re-registration
1. The Stxident ID card takes effect when sealed and completed with effective dates of the semester. For a registered student, it is necessary to re-register the Student ID Card every semester within a stipulated period of time. The Student ID Card renews its effect by re-registering.
2. Students studying at UCAS campus for the first year should re-register the the Student ID Card at host schools at the beginning of every semester. The schools shall stamp the card and fill in the date of re-registration.
3. Any Student studying at institutes should re-register the Student ID Card at the student affairs administration of host institutes at the beginning of every semester. The office shall stamp the card and fill in the date of re-registration.
4. Any student who fails to re-register in time should apply for postponement; any student who does not meet the requirements of re-registration will be denied.
5. The effective dates of the Student ID Card should conform with the semester dates. If cardholders who do not graduate within stipulated period continue to re-register the cards, the cards remain valid.
Article 7 Re-issue of the Student ID Card:
1. In the event that the Student ID Card is lost, the cardholder should complete the Application Form for Re-issuing the Student ID Card and apply for a new card at the Student Affairs Office or student affairs administration of host institutes. The Student Affairs Office or student affairs administration of the institutes will publicize the loss for one month, during which the Application Form serves as the temporary ID card. At the end of the month, the cardholder can submit the Application Form in exchange for a new ID card.
2. If, within the above-mentioned one month, the student has completed study at UCAS and started study at the institute, the the Student Affairs Office shall notify the student affairs administration of his/her host institute, which will be in charge of issuing the new card when the one month period comes to the end.
3. ID cards publicized as lost and retrieved later should be submitted to the Student Affairs Office or the student affairs administration of the host institute for annulment.
Article 8 Renewal of the Student ID Card:
L In case of damage to the ID card, the cardholder should complete the Application Form for Renewing the Student ID Card and apply for a new card at the Student Affairs Office or student affairs administration of the host institutes. The damaged ID card shall be returned and destroyed.
2. Students changing institutes or schools must renew the Student ED Card from the new institute or school, while the old card should be destroyed by the original institute or school.
3. Students enrolled in the Master5s-PhD program should renew the Student ID Cards when registering as a PhD student.
Article 9 Omitted.
Article 10 Each student can only apply once for the re-issue of a Student ID Card*. For re-issuing or renewing the card for personal reasons, the cardholder must pay the cost.
Article 11 Students must not give or lend the Student ID Card to others, or hold more than one card at the same time. The violators shall be dealt with in accordance with relevant regulations. The cardholder shall bear the consequences of losing his/her ID card.
Article 12 The cardholder shall be held accountable for mortgating the Student ID Cards outside the campus.
Article 13 The cardholder must return the Student ID Card to Student Affairs Office or student affairs administration of the host institutes for annulment when graduating or leaving the campus for reasons such as school transferring, withdrawal, and expulsion. For those that have lost their Student ID Cards, the loss shall be publicized as is stipulated by the 7th article of this policy, and no new card shall be re-issucd.
Article 14 When finding another student^ Student ID Card, the finder must hand it in to the Student Affairs Office or student affairs administration of the institute; using another student’s Student ID Card, if discovered, must be reported to the Student Affairs Office or student affairs administration of the institute.
Article 15 Interpretation of these regulations resides with the Student Affairs Office. The regulations take effect from the date of issue. The previous version of regulations (XIAOFAXUEZI (2013) No. 89) is hereby abolished.
Appendix: The Application Form for Re-issuing the UCAS Student ID Card (downloadable from UCAS website)